Intern Record Sheet
After you have set up your credit internship, you must gain our approval and send us your INTERN RECORD SHEET (IRS).
Follow these steps:
1) Copy the form below, PASTE it into the body of an EMAIL with your answers.
2) Address your email to Sylvan.Solloway@nyu.edu, Craigh.Barboza@nyu.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Use the subject line "INTERN RECORD SHEET" and YOUR LAST NAME.
4) Include a paragraph at the top of the email explaining your duties at the internship and how it fits into your career goals.
5) Download the Learning Objectives form, fill out the student section and send the form to your supervisor, who will complete his/her section. (Save the Learning Objectives form as LastNameLOF.doc.) When the Learning Objectives form is returned to you, attach it to the email with your IRS. (Electronic signatures are accepted, so you can keep the form as a Word document and simply type your name and have your supervisor type his or her name into the signature box.)
Once we receive your Intern Record Sheet and Learning Objectives Form, we will evaluate your internship for approval. If approved, we will email you an access code to register for the credit internship course. We will also send your employer a credit letter.
If at all possible, you should send this before Albert registration closes for the semester. After that date you will have to register by hand (you must see Sylvan for a form and signature).
Make sure you read through the course syllabus.
"IRS" FORM - Copy and paste these questions into your email:
- Your Name (Last name, First name)
- Your E-mail (IMPORTANT)
- Your Home/Cell Phone (IMPORTANT)
- Your Status: (Undergrads indicate Sophomore, Junior or Senior and your double major/Grads indicate 1st, 2nd or 3rd semester - AND WHICH PROGRAM)
- Which Journalism Courses Have You Taken
- What School Are You In (CAS, Tisch, etc.)
- Semester of Internship
- Number of credits you'd like for this internship
- How many journalism internship credits have you already used prior? (Students have a total of 4 points to divide as needed.)
- Your N Number
- Name of Media Organization
- Specific division within organization
- Address of Media Organization
- Link to Organization Website
- Supervisor’s Name (Indicate Ms./Mr.)
- Supervisor’s Title
- Supervisor’s E-mail (IMPORTANT)
- Supervisor’s Phone
- Human Resources Contact Name Indicate Ms./Mr.)
- Human Resources Contact Email
- Human Resources Phone
- Human Resources FAX
- Your Work Schedule (Should be no more than two days unless summer)
- Expected Start Date
- Expected End Date (Please discuss this with your supervisor before you start.)
- Have you worked for this company before?
- Will you be paid? (Please list any payment including stipends)
- Are you an international student? (If so, please specify F1 or J1.)
Click here to download the LEARNING OBJECTIVES FORM.