Have an idea for a podcast series but need help getting started?
Whether you are an experienced journalist who wants to expand your skill set or simply someone interested in learning more about the art of audio storytelling, this masterclass is for you.
Podcast Development Bootcamp
Join NYU’s American Journalism Online Master’s podcast development bootcamp to learn how to create a stand-out podcast.
By the end of this four-part online workshop, you will come away with the knowledge to share your podcast with the world, including a pitch-ready proposal and slide deck.
You will also learn to:
- Pitch and refine one unique podcast concept
- Write a treatment proposal to make your show stand out
- Design a snazzy pitch deck that can withstand the executive greenlight process
- Outline staffing needs and develop a realistic budget
- Identify the elements needed to launch a show (trailer, RSS feed, tile art, social media)
- Become familiar with key production techniques such as recording high-quality sound, selecting gear, and choosing an audio editing software
Previous journalism production or audio editing experience is helpful, but not required. This workshop is software agnostic and will include an overview of gear and software options available to producers on a budget.
Classes meet online once a week for four weeks from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. ET.
October 18 (M)
October 25 (M)
November 1 (M)
November 8 (M)