AJO Social Media Manager
NYU’s American Journalism Online graduate program is looking for someone to help with our social media. Pay is $2,000/month for an expected 15 hours per week.
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your proposed social media strategy for AJO and why you are the ideal candidate to email@example.com.
- Manage, create content for, and grow AJO’s Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Create and manage new AJO TikTok and Instagram accounts
- Follow alums, instructors and current students; promote their work, look for opportunities to create content about what they are doing
- Use social media tools to grow AJO’s recognition and status in journalism and academic communities.
- Interact with students, alumni, instructors and other journalists via the social media accounts
- Develop social media marketing campaigns
- Analyze AJO’s current social media presence, identify weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Shoot and edit original video featuring AJO students, faculty, alums and their work
- Create original content for AJO’s channels applying the latest practices
- Close coordination with students and professors working on The Click social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Have experience and/or education in journalism
- Have proven ability to regularly post video and images that engage target market
- Follow and engage in online conversations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent video production and graphics skills
- Effectively interact with AJO staff, faculty, alum and students to build posts and promote their work
- Identify social media trends and strategize how to engage with journalists, potential students, and the general public with AJO
- Be an effective time manager; meet deadlines; work under time pressure