Journalism Institute Advising
For student advisement please contact one of the following:
- Cathleen Dullahan, Undergraduate Student Services, Advisement and Assessment
- Don Starr, Administrative Aide for Undergraduate Affairs
- Prof. Pamela Newkirk, Director of Undergraduate Studies
All are best reached by email and available to assist you with any questions. They also have open office hours.
College of Arts & Science Advising
The Silver Center, #905 212-998-8130
- Provides direct assistance to students with any concern or question, academic or non-academic.
- Refers students to appropriate resources on and off campus.
- Freshmen and transfer students who have not declared a major are assigned at Orientation to an academic adviser who stays with them until they declare a major.
- Students with a major are advised through their academic program, but they may always seek additional assistance through the Advising Center.
Advisement is available on:
- College and University policies and procedures,
- study abroad,
- joint degree programs offered with other schools at the University,
- choosing a major,
- how to manage time and study effectively,
- how to solve problems,
- and a host of other academic matters.