Journalism Institute Advising
For student advisement please contact one of the following:
Undergraduate Student Advisor
20 Cooper Square, Room 643
Administrative Aide for Undergraduate Affairs
20 Cooper Square, Sixth Floor Reception
Prof. Adam L. Penenberg
Director of Undergraduate Studies
20 Cooper Square
All are best reached by email and available to assist you with any questions.
College of Arts & Science Advising
The Silver Center, #905 212-998-8130
- Provides direct assistance to students with any concern or question, academic or non-academic.
- Refers students to appropriate resources on and off campus.
- Freshmen and transfer students who have not declared a major are assigned at Orientation to an academic adviser who stays with them until they declare a major.
- Students with a major are advised through their academic program, but they may always seek additional assistance through the Advising Center.
Advisement is available on:
- College and University policies and procedures,
- study abroad,
- joint degree programs offered with other schools at the University,
- choosing a major,
- how to manage time and study effectively,
- how to solve problems,
- and a host of other academic matters.