Undergraduate Student Advisor
20 Cooper Square, Room 643
To schedule an advising appointment, please visit Andrea’s Google Calendar Appointments page at journalism.nyu.edu/ugappts.
Administrative Aide for Undergraduate Affairs
20 Cooper Square, Sixth Floor Reception
Professor Adam L. Penenberg
Director of Undergraduate Studies
There are several mailing lists available to prospective and current students as well as undergraduate journalism alumni. Mailing lists are tied to Google Groups (aka NYU Groups, so for most lists, you will need either an NYU email account or a Gmail account.
- Undergraduate Journalism: Once you declare the journalism major or a journalism minor, you will be subscribed to the email@example.com list. This list is used to communicate key information to journalism majors and minors.
In addition to the undergraduate list, there are other optional lists students and alumni are encouraged to join:
- Journalism Internships: firstname.lastname@example.org is used to announce internships. This is primarily of interest to those seeking internships (paid, for-credit, or not for credit.) You must be a declared major to receive academic credit in journalism. (Minors don’t qualify.)
- Journalism Events: email@example.com is used to announce departmental and community events.
- Journalism Alumni: An alumni group called firstname.lastname@example.org will be available to you after you graduate.
- Journalism Jobs: email@example.com is used to announce full-time and part-time jobs. You should join this list when you are a graduating senior, during your last semester. (You should not apply to full-time jobs until about a month before you’ll have full-time availability.)
To join these lists:
- Visiting this directory of journalism mailing lists (i.e. NYU Groups).
- Click on the email address for the list (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click on the “Apply for membership” link.
Before you apply to join the group, you will have the option to link to your Google profile and include a message to the group manager. Once your request is approved, you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve been added to the group.