Undergraduate Student Advisor
20 Cooper Square, Room 643
First time scheduling an appointment through NYU Connect? Here’s how:
- If you’ve already declared a journalism major or minor, Andrea should be listed under “Your Connections” on the “My Success Network” page (i.e. the home/landing page).
- If you haven’t declared or if for some reason Andrea isn’t listed as a connection, you can use the search bar at the top of the “My Success Network” page to search for her.
- Once you pull up Andrea’s profile, just click on her name and then “Schedule Appointment” to schedule.
If the days/times Andrea has available don’t work for you, just email her your availability to schedule an advising appointment.
Administrative Aide for Undergraduate Affairs
20 Cooper Square, Sixth Floor Reception
Professor Adam L. Penenberg
Director of Undergraduate Studies
There are several mailing lists available to prospective and current students as well as undergraduate journalism alumni. Mailing lists are tied to Google Groups (aka NYU Groups, so for most lists, you will need either an NYU email account or a Gmail account.
- Undergraduate Journalism: Once you declare the journalism major or a journalism minor, you will be subscribed to the firstname.lastname@example.org list. This list is used to communicate key information to journalism majors and minors.
In addition to the undergraduate list, there are other optional lists students and alumni are encouraged to join:
- Journalism Internships: email@example.com is used to announce internships. This is primarily of interest to those seeking internships (paid, for-credit, or not for credit.) You must be a journalism major in order to be subscribed to this mailing list.
- Journalism Alumni: An alumni group called firstname.lastname@example.org will be available to you after you graduate.
- Journalism Jobs: email@example.com is used to announce full-time and part-time jobs. You should join this list when you are a graduating senior, during your last semester. (You should not apply to full-time jobs until about a month before you’ll have full-time availability.)
To join these lists:
- Visiting this directory of journalism mailing lists (i.e. NYU Groups).
- Click on the email address for the list (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click on the “Apply for membership” link.
Before you apply to join the group, you will have the option to link to your Google profile and include a message to the group manager. Once your request is approved, you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve been added to the group.